Sports Medicine Treatments are Used For:
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Repetitive Motion Injuries
- Acute or Chronic Pain
- Rehabilitation of Athletes
- Structural Alignment
- Promoting Faster Healing
- Reduce Inflammation
|Package Deals Available(Max)||Contact Us!|
Acupuncture is very effective in the treatment of injuries. Orthopedic injuries due to strain, sprains, contusions, repetitive motion, sciatica, or whiplash can be treated to reduce or eliminate acute or chronic pain. Acupuncture is currently a standard in the sports world and is used to treat and rehabilitate professional athletes worldwide. Orthopedic Acupuncture is a technique that involves needling motor points to release tight bands of muscle. These motor points are deep in the tissue and are the areas of highest electrical activity in the muscles. By applying acupuncture to the motor points the muscle is reset which allows it to relax and to properly heal.
Sport Medicine Services
- Acupuncture – Works to speed the healing rate of injuries and reduce pain by increasing local microcirculation and attracting white blood cells to the area, which aid the dispersal of swelling and bruising. Following an acupuncture treatment, a variety of substances are released, including endorphins and neurotransmitters, to reduce pain and promote relaxation.
- Postural Alignment Exercises – Individually designed to promote structural alignment and pain relief.
- Cold Laser (TerraQuant) – Promotes faster healing time and is used to treat deep pain as well as surface injuries.
- Kinesio Tex Tape – A special waterproof tape applied to the injured area to reduce inflammation, promote stability and alleviate pain.